How to 101: Peel Garlic Real Fast (Garlic Hack) | dietplan-101.com
Peeling garlic can be time-consuming and sometimes annoying. I’ll show you ways to peel large amounts of garlic quickly and efficiently.
Tips: Peeled garlic can be placed in an airtight container or freezer bag, and stored in the freezer. Frozen garlic will last almost forever in the freezer. (1 year for best quality).
Do not keep garlic-in-oil at room temperature. Bacteria that cause botulism (Clostridium Botulinum) can grow in it. Homemade garlic-infused oil should always be kept refrigerated.
Method 1: Shake garlic in a container
This is my favourite and very efficient way to peel garlic. You can really peel lots of it with very little time. You will get some peeled garlic with bruises using this method.
- Place entire bulbs of garlic in a container;
- Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds;
- Repeat the process for un-peeled cloves.
Method 2: Soak in hot water
You get beautiful peeled garlic without bruises with this method. However, it will take longer than method 1.
- Soak cloves of garlic in hot water for 5 minutes (or warm water for 10 minutes);
- Peel the skins, it will come off easily.
Methods 3: Beat the crap out of them
This method works really well and fast, but you will get some smashed or bruised garlic. It doesn’t matter if you are going to cook them anyway. It might even save some chopping time and you get some exercises.
- Wrap bunch of whole garlic bulbs with hand towel;
- Whack on hard surface for a few times.
Some people prefer to smash/press their garlic with side of a large knife, microwave to loosen the skin or shake using 2 bowls. How do you peel garlic?