Savory Spinach Ricotta Crepes (South Beach Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
A quick and easy recipe, great for breakfast or snack, with simple ingredients: eggs, spinach, and low-fat ricotta cheese (you can make it at home).
Yields: 1 serving
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsps low-fat ricotta cheese
pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsps low-fat ricotta cheese
- Combine all ingredients for a crepe in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Preheat olive oil in a large (12.5-inch/32-cm) non-stick skillet.
- Sauté garlic and spinach, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in ricotta cheese and mix well. Transfer the filling to a bowl and clean the skillet.
- Preheat the skillet over medium heat and lightly coat it with some olive oil.
- Pour in the egg mixture and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan.
- When the bottom is golden brown and the top is cooked, top with spinach ricotta mixture and roll up.
- Cut the crepe into 2 portions and transfer gently to a serving plate.
- Top with some extra ricotta cheese and serve warm.