Spicy Stir-Fried Mongolian Beef (for South Beach Phase 2)| dietplan101.com
This is a recipe for spicy stir-fried Mongolian beef. It’s super easy to make, and it’s a great way to change up your usual dinner routine. Beef is a great source of protein, iron, and zinc—and it’s also high in cholesterol. This recipe is full of veggies, which will help you get more fiber and vitamins into your diet (and they’re good for you too!).
This recipe serves 2.
- 12 oz (340 g) marinated beef strips*
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded, cut into chunks)
- 3 stalks of green onion (cut into 1″ pieces)
For the sauce:
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsps sugar-free teriyaki sauce (e.g. Seal Sama, Trinity Hill Farms)
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
For marinated beef strips:
- 12 oz (340 g) boneless tender beef steak (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar-free teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Add in the beef strips and coat well, marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add in marinated beef and stir-fry for a few minutes until just cooked. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil, and stir-fry bell pepper chunks for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add in cooked beef, green onions, and sauce. Cook until the sauce has thickened, keep stirring.
- Serve hot.