Spicy Ground Turkey with Tomato Sauce (Cabbage Soup Diet) | dietplan-101.com
This tasty tomato sauce is a great twist to the traditional beef or ground turkey chili. Made with lean ground turkey, sweet onions, and lots of tomatoes, this low-calorie version is perfect when paired with brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
- 1 can (48-fl oz/1.36 L) tomato juice
- 1 Lipton onion soup mix
- 2 cans (14.5-oz/411-g) diced tomatoes
- 1 lb (450 g) ground turkey
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- chili powder (to taste)
- dash of dried herb seasoning
- salt (to taste)
- Put tomato juice and soup mix in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add in diced tomatoes, ground turkey, green onion and bell pepper.
- Bring the whole ingredients to the boil again, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for about half an hour, or until all the vegetables are soften.
- Season with chili powder, herb and salt to taste.