Low Carb Sugar-free Chocolate Bars (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101
Don’t feel guilty about having some chocolate regularly. Studies have found eating chocolate helps lower your blood pressure, and bad cholesterol lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease and offers a host of other health benefits.
Chocolate doesn’t have to be all bad. But instead of buying them, why not make your own chocolate bar at home? They are easy to make and healthier than store-bought, which are often loaded with extra sugar and milk.
You only need 3 ingredients for this recipe, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, and a sweetener of your choice. They are extremely easy to make and absolutely delicious. This low-carb sugar-free chocolate bar is suitable for those who are health-conscious or on a Low-Carb diet or Atkins diet.
Note: This recipe yields 36 small pieces with each piece of 0.5 g net carb.
- 7 tbsps cocoa butter
- 6 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener (or 12 sachets)
- Melt cocoa butter in the microwave, then add in cocoa powder and whisk to mix well.
- Add in sweetener and whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the chocolate mold.
- Keep refrigerated for about 30 minutes, or until firm.