Fresh Grapefruit Gelatin Salad | dietplan101.com
A relic of the past try out the grapefruit gelatin salad today and travel back in time.
This recipe serves 8.
- 4 grapefruits
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 3 envelopes (1/4-oz/7-g) Knox unflavored gelatin
- 4 tbsps cold water
- 8 tbsps boiling water
- sugar or Splenda granulated sweetener (to taste)
- Peel and section the grapefruits, collect the grapefruit juice and flesh in a bowl, then add lemon juice to them. Set aside.
- Add gelatin powder to cold water and mix. Then pour in the boiling water and stir to dissolve the gelatin.
- Add in sugar or sweetener and stir until dissolved (the amount will depend upon the tartness of the grapefruits).
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the grapefruit flesh and juice, and mix gently to combine.
- Pour into a 9-inch square gelatin mold (or any mold) and chill for at least 4 hours to set.