Low Carb Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta | dietplan-101.com
A low-carb Cajun chicken pasta dish with a creamy cajun sauce. Made with creamy parmesan and cheddar cheese, juicy diced chicken breast, and tender fresh mushrooms. This quick and easy pasta dish is easy enough to toss together after work, yet fancy enough to serve guests.
This recipe serves 8.
- 2 tbsps butter
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (sliced 1/2″ thick)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch scallion (chopped)
- 3 tbsps Cajun seasoning blend*
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 red pepper (julienned)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms (quartered)
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 12 oz (340 g) cooked spaghetti squash/low-carb pasta
- Preheat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in butter, then brown the chicken slices.
- Add in minced garlic, chopped scallion, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and black pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in julienned peppers and mushrooms, mix well, then cover and cook for 5 minutes at low heat.
- Add in heavy cream and heat up until just hot (not boiling).
- Remove from heat and add in the grated cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Divide the cooked pasta into 8 portions, then top with the sauce and serve.