The Dukan Diet Rules and Meals Plan: Phase 3 and Phase 4 | dietplan-101.com
This article will cover the final two phases of the Dukan Diet, phase 3, the consolidation phase, and phase 4, the stabilization phase.
If you haven’t, check out our diet rules and meals plan for phase 1 and phase 2 which are the initial two phases.
Phase 3: Consolidation Phase
You’ll go into this phase when you’ve reached your true weight. This phase is designed to avoid massive regaining of lost weight when more foods previously omitted are added back to your diet. The duration of this phase will depend on the amount of weight you have lost. For each kg lost, you have to stay for 10 days. Therefore, if you’ve already lost 6 kg in the previous two phases, you’ll have to stay in this phase for 2 months.
During this phase, there will be 6 days of Protein-Vegetables day and 1 day of Pure-Protein day (Thursday is suggested by the Dukan diet) in a week.
More foods are added back to your diet but in controlled amounts. Besides the 100 allowed Dukan foods, you can now have these foods in your diet during the 6 Protein-Vegetables days:
- 1 serving of low-carb fruit, such as apples, oranges, pears, strawberries, plums, etc. (BUT NO banana, figs, cherries, and grapes)
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- 2 slices (40 g/1.5 oz) of cheese (e.g. Gouda cheese, Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese)
In addition to the above, for each week, you can also have:
- 2 servings (cooked cup) of high fiber starchy foods (e.g. brown rice, whole grain pasta, lentils, beans, and peas)
- 2 celebration meals (limit to 1 serving only, e.g. appetizer, entrée, dessert, 1 glass of wine)
Consolidation Phase 7-day Meal Plan Idea
Phase 4: Stabilization Phase
This is the phase where you will be staying entirely so that you won’t regain your weight. When you have reached this phase, there is no food restriction, meaning you can have whatever you want, but all in moderate amounts.
1-2-3 Dukan Diet Rules for Stabilization Phase
Instead of food, the main focus of this phase is on 3 simple, but strict Dukan diet rules: 1 Pure Protein day in a week, 20 minutes of moderate exercise daily, and 3 tablespoons of oat bran every day.