Seared Chicken Breast with Grapefruit-Mint Sauce | dietplan101.com
Easy recipe with a tangy sauce for the whole family use chicken breast for the best flavor.
This recipe serves 4.
- 4 chicken breasts (skinned & halved)
- salt & fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (for cooking)
- 5 shallots (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint (for garnishing)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) grapefruit juice
- 2 tsps all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat some olive oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy skillet.
- Season the chicken breasts to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sear the seasoned chicken breasts for a few minutes for each side until well browned. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Add a little more olive oil to the skillet, then cook chopped shallot and crushed red pepper for a few minutes. Off the heat.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Reheat the skillet to medium heat, then cook the sauce until slightly thickened.
- Return the seared chicken breasts to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer the chicken until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken on a platter with the sauce.
- Garnish with the remaining mint.