Roasted Chicken with Grapefruit Juice| dietplan101.com
Good old roast chicken with some tangy grapefruit juice serving depends on the size of the chicken.
This recipe serves 1.
- 1 (about 4 lbs.) roasting hen (cleaned)
- olive oil (for rubbing)
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 onion (thickly sliced)
- 1 grapefruit
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Rub the whole hen with olive oil, then season to taste with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Arrange the onion slices on a roasting pan, then put the seasoned bird on it.
- Extract the juice from the grapefruit.
- Pour half of the juice over the bird and into the cavity, then tie both legs together.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 75 minutes to 90 minutes, until the juice runs clear.
- In between cooking, keep on basting the bird every 1/2 hour using the remaining grapefruit juice.
- When the bird starts getting too dark, try covering it loosely with aluminum foil.
- After the cooking time is over, let the roasted bird rests for a few minutes before cutting.