How to Make Garlic Powder | dietplan-101.com
Making garlic powder at home is very easy and definitely healthier than store-bought. They often taste better with no preservatives and additives.
You can substitute garlic powder for the recipe which calls for fresh garlic, or vice versa. Remember to start with a small amount; a little goes a long way. 1 clove of garlic = 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Tips: To make garlic salt, combine 1 part of garlic powder with 3 parts of fine salt.
Steps to Make Garlic Powder:
- Slice garlic into thin slices.
- Place evenly on baking paper or silicone baking mat.
- Dry garlic slices until brittle at 230 °F (110 °C) for about 90 minutes.
- Allow garlic to cool. Grind or blend using a food processor/grinder into a powder consistency.
- Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge. They last quite a while in the fridge
How to Make Garlic Salt
Add 1 part of freshly ground garlic powder with 3 parts of fine salt. Mix well. Simple and easy all-natural seasoning for your favorite dish or snacks. You will never need to buy from the store again.