Gluten-Free Whole Grain Flour Mix (with Nut) | dietplan-101.com
Ground nuts add more protein and fiber, as well as a great nutty flavor to the end products. These gluten-free flour blends are suitable for making muffins, pancakes, easy cakes, etc. (but NOT for cakes that need to have a light texture such as chiffon cakes and sponge cakes). Since ground nuts are heavier, the texture of the end products will be denser.
Notes: Yields about 350 g/12.3 oz.
- 140 g (5 oz) gluten-free whole grain flour (e.g. oat, sorghum, or millet flour)
- 70 g (2.5 oz) ground nut (e.g. hazelnut or almond)
- 140 g (5 oz) potato starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Combine whole grain flour and ground nut of your choice, starch, and gum in an airtight container.
- Shake vigorously until the flour settles in one color.
- Keep refrigerated for later use.
Here are some of our recipes that use our gluten-free whole grain flour with nuts. You can also modify any cake recipes using our gluten-free flour and recreate all the cakes you like