Gluten-Free Cheddar Butter Cake | dietplan-101.com
This is a reduced-sugar gluten-free butter cake recipe with a cheddar cheese variation. The cheddar cheese has enhanced the richness of the butter cake. This less sweet cake is great to be served as morning or afternoon tea.
This recipe uses a gluten-free light cake flour mix which is suitable for both light fluffy cake and normal butter cake.
- 210 g (7.4 oz) gluten-free light cake flour mix
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250 g (8.8 oz) butter (softened)
- 2 tbsps (25 g) granulated sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 65 g (2.3 oz.) cheddar cheese (diced)
- 5 egg whites
- 6 tbsps (75 g) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, then beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolks gradually and beat until smooth.
- In another clean bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, then add in sugar gradually and continue to beat until stiff.
- Fold beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture gently until well blended.
- Sieve in flour and baking powder, and fold until well combined.
- Add in diced cheddar and mix well.
- Transfer the cake batter to a greased and lined loaf pan (9″ x 5″) and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes (or until the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack before slicing.