Crustless Quiche Lorraine (South Beach Diet Phase 2) | dietplan-101.com
This crust-less quiche is a perfect recipe for those on Phase 2. Lorraine is traditionally made with bacon, so we use nitrate-free turkey bacon for the flavor without compromising the nutritional value. We also use a little bit of Swiss Cheese to boost the flavor and texture.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 1/4 cup diced roasted bell pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- salt & black pepper (to taste)
- 12 oz. (340 g) low-fat Swiss cheese (shredded)
- 12 oz. (340 g) cooked crisp turkey bacon crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Grease an 8″ baking pan or pie pan.
- Mix eggs, Half & Half, roasted pepper, parsley, nutmeg, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
- Then, add shredded cheese and turkey bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown, and the toothpick comes out clean.