Chicken Spinach Curried Lentil Soup (South Beach Phase 1) | dietplan101.com
Chicken Spinach Curried Lentil Soup is creamy, comforting South Beach phase 1 recipe that’s both filling and flavorful. It’s made with lentils and curry powder for more than just a hint of curry flavor. Add chicken for more substance and complete the meal with a few pieces of toasted garlic bread.
This recipe serves 5.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsps minced ginger
- 1 cup lentils (uncooked, rinsed)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tsps curry powder
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 2/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 8 oz (225 g) sliced chicken breast
- 1 bunch of spinach (roughly chopped)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- red hot sauce (to taste)
- Preheat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger, then add in lentils, cumin, and curry powder, and mix well.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, loosely cover, and cook for about 30-35 minutes, until lentils are tender.
- Add in chicken breast and cook for another 5 minutes, then add in chopped spinach.
- Off the heat when the spinach is just cooked. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red sauce.