Low-Carb Japanese Green Tea Gelato (Dukan Diet PP Cruise) | dietplan-101.com
Looking for a creamy, guilt-free indulgence without all the fat and calories? Then try our Low-Carb Japanese Green Tea Gelato. Made from simple ingredients, this low-carb ice cream will not disappoint your taste buds.
Yields: 6 servings (Each serving: 6.8 g Net Carbs, 74 calories)
- 2 cups (500 ml) fat-free milk
- 3 tsps green tea powder
- 10 sachets sweetener (or to taste, should be slightly sweet)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsps cornstarch (tolerated)
- Combine green tea powder and sweetener with the milk and stir to mix well.
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl until fluffy, add in cornstarch and mix well.
- Warm the green tea milk over medium heat to about 175°F/80°C.
- Gradually add half of the warm milk to the beaten egg yolks, keep stirring while adding.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the remaining milk.
- Stir the mixture over medium heat until you have a slightly thick custard.
- Remove from heat and strain into a container and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, refrigerate for a few hours or freeze for 2 hours.
- Churn in an ice cream maker for about 30 minutes until you have a smooth ice cream.
- Serve immediately as a soft serve ice cream. You may also freeze for a few hours for a firmer consistency. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving.